This article needs a special introduction. Because what are Tatch Capital and CryptoBridge?
Well let me start with Tatch Capital Ltd.
Tatch Capital Limited, based in Luxembourg, acts as a private company doing sole proprietary trading based on their discretionary trading strategies.
They trade any market, product or service and are active in high risk investments on leveraged and margin markets.
Most transactions and orders are traded in Forex, Bonds, Stocks, ETF (Exchange Traded Funds), cryptocurrencies and other financial products. Especially Gulden has their interest, as they recognize it as a one of few true workable coins and reserve currency.
CryptoBridge is a new crypto exchange build upon the BitShares network in a decentralized manner. This means, amongst others, that for trading you do not need to hold your coins in an online wallet on an exchange anymore. Thus making trading a lot safer.
Why and how?
Because they could and because it was needed.
Tatch tried BTC, bitEUR and even BTS as ‘reserve cryptocurrency’ but so far none of those are easily and cheaply redeemable towards a bank account.
Meanwhile NLG has IBAN wiring connection embedded in its wallets via the Nocks® API and soon GuldenTrader should provide an EUR gateway too. Other centralised gateways already exist such as Litebit, etc.
Gulden is so far only actively traded in NLG/EUR and NLG/BTC. From now on NLG can be trade directly against any assets upon Bitshares DEX!
The Tatch wallet Dashboard now includes following pairs :
Here is quick, non-exhaustive list of why Tatch finds NLG amazing:
- NLG vs Bitcoin from GuldenBites.com
- Transactions are very cheap and don’t increase in pricing like Bitcoin when there is a lot of transactions and network is in congestion
- It’s fast (60 to 150 seconds)
- It’s very efficient: see Pow2 and get all details here
- Secure, again check Pow2 documentation
- Transparent, you can check explorers here and here.
- Easy, cfr. Alias project and other coming updates
- Great community: Slack, Telegram)
- Professional: have a look at Nocks® checkout for instance, or B2C and B2B businesses using it like Taxi Noord. A list of shops can be found here. In short, it’s for everyone: retailers, individuals, businesses, institutionals, funds, etc
- Great fundamentals: Many updates and projects will be going live soon too: Pow2, G-Dash, GuldenTrader, Nocks new fiat-gateways (USD and GBP), Segsig, etc.
Gulden as a reserve cryptocurrency #NLG
Cedric, CEO of Tatch:”From all cryptocurrencies, Gulden has always been our true favourite. In regards of all above features and our ‘unofficial’ and historical relationship with the Gulden community it only makes sense that our DEX Wallet includes it.”
Using NLG as a mid-layer should also facilitate things for GuldenTrader to add TCN and offer arbitrage opportunities between available pairs.
In order to visualise how having bridge.NLG was really the missing piece, here is a small infograph.
One (small) trouble though…
Because Crypto-Bridge is not merged with BTS upstream YET; it’s not possible to add crypto-bridge in the Deposit/withdraw tab for now. This should be fix in a month or so…
This means that deposit/withdraw of NLG/bridge.NLG can only happen on wallet.crypto-bridge.org
You can find a tutorial here.
- Crypto-Bridge and Tatch Capital team up to make NLG available on the DEX
- Tatch Wallet is now focused on NLG pairs
- Deposit/withdraw option is still ‘incomplete’ but functional.