General Talking Points Gulden BV / GAB
Gulden in 2020
In 2020 Gulden will be developed further based on the input of the community via the GAB (Gulden Advisory Board). The GAB remains the middle-man between the community and the Gulden Developer team. Rijk asks the GAB members for our point of view of the project. We look back on the previous year, how the first GAB meetings went and if the changes in the organizational structure has worked out. In general we feel positive about how it is set up now. The decision of Rijk to take a step back from the community and the GAB to be the middle man has been a positive step in our eyes.
Fase4 and Witness Changes
Developers expect to release Fase 4 the end of march and with that also the witness reward will be changed from 20 to 30 nlg. In 2 weeks we will get an exact release date from the developers. Question by Paul: can we expect hickups like there was with launching fase 3? Answer: No we do not expect any hickups this time.
GAB: Members, Elections etc..
Harm Jan van Kammen has announced that he no longer will be able to be an active member of the GAB. Main reason is the fact that he is busy running his taxi company (the accept Gulden by the way). It is a challenge for the GAB, since we think we need an uneven number of members because that works better when we need to vote on matters. When a vote can end in 3-3 it will not be workable when we need to plan further development.
Both Rijk and the GAB share the opinion that 9 members is the ideal mix. In reality it is hard to pick meeting time and date were all 10 people are able to join. We have decided to have another election round to fill up the 3 available seats in the GAB. The current 6 members will stay in the GAB for the coming year, untill april 1st 2021. In this coming year the GAB will determine further rules on how the rules for membership will be determined in the future. GAB will soon share details on the new election round (of course on the Blockchain again using www.bloctary.com)
Next to the above 3 talking points a fourth point was shared by Gulden BV with the GAB. This in relation to future developments. We agreed that this information is confidential for now and cannot yet be shared publically.
- When will the witness rewards change > 30nlg ? See point 2 in General talking points
- Fingerscan possible in Android wallets like on the iphone wallet? In the past, Gulden developers determined that the fingerscan option in Android was not safe. GAB as requested to make another assessment if this is still the case. If they decide that it is safe now, it will be added to the android wallet.
- Darkmode for Android wallet. Developers will check if they can add this
- People want the PING sound back with incoming transfers on the mobile wallets. Developers will look into it.
- CoinRequest requested to add a button into our wallets that links to their services. We have had this request before and we gave the feedback that we dont want external buttons into our native wallets. Since CoinRequest made some changes they once again made the request to review their request again. Unfortunately we didnt change our point of view. Mainly because of indepedence and because developers see the adding of external buttons as a safety issue. It is a risk to add those buttons into our wallets. We can assure the safety of our wallets because we built everything natively. With adding buttons of external parties we cannot assure the safety of our wallets. (P.s. this is no judgement on the safety of CoinRequets systems)